What's new
What's new

Kuhlman Pantograph?

T. Overeynder

Aluminum
Dose any one out there know of where I can find a Kulman model GMO bench model pantograph, or the 3-d model. They are German made and I have not had any luck with searches on Ebay or the net.
Thanks,
Tom

I once missed out on one of these Kuhlman bench top pantograph...... it was at a Machinery dealer in southern NJ. ..... as soon as I saw it I went right up to the front to buy it and there stood a fellow writing a check for it....... if only I had not stopped for coffee that morning........ years later I did get a Deckel model GO, which is their bench top...... somewhere here I've already posted that story.

T. Overeynder - I have a German 3-d pantograph which is an exact copy of the kuhlman benchtop. The price is $ 850. It is of course 3phase and quite heavy and you'd have to have some way of picking it up since I don't do crating.If you have any interest I can get you pics.

Markus

One possible reason is I think you've got the name spelled wrong. Sure it's not spelled KUHLMANN? I've seen their pantograph's before, but not Kulman. This would make a big difference when doing a web or ebay search.

Mike

Tom,

What is the reason you are looking for that particular brand of pantograph? I have four pantographs which pretty much cover the range of my needs. The Deckel GK-21 will do neat engraving in the 2-D mode, and can do serious metal moving when set up in the 3-D configuration. It is limited to ratios from 1.5:1 to 10:1. The 2-D only Gorton P1-2 goes from 1:1 to 1:infinity, and is super for really small engraving. My New Hermes is excellent for name plate plastic and drag engraving. The New Hermes glass machine is great for cylindrical glass engraving. All these can be found cheap these days due to displacement of manual machines by CNC. They do take time to set up and run.

Jim

Yes, the spelling is Kuhlmann. Thanks for the correction.

The reason I'm looking for that brand is to help a friend who already owns one ( and loves it) find an other for a backup just in case the other goes down.

I personally have a Gorton P-2-3 which is a very large heavy machine. I am also looking for an extra set of pantograph arms and a spare spindle for my Gorton. Anyone know of one??

We are knifemakers and use then for 2 & 3D milling, inlay work etc.

Tom

T. Overeynder
Don't know if you are still in the market for a panograph but I have one for sale. I'm new to this site so forgive me for not knowing all the goings on. I noticed you were in Arlington, Tx and I am in Graham, Tx. Could probably deliver next time I am in your area.
Tristarcustom

Back