What's new
What's new

Lansing G 15"

labman

Aluminum
Hello,

I am looking for a manual for a Lansing engine lathe 15, G model, Thanks.

Mark (607) 437-6786, Thanks.

Mark, Try S&S Machine in NYC. I worked in a Aerospace shop run by them in Long Island City. It's where their unsellables go to die, lol. Anyhow, the point is, I heard then that they were or had been bringing these in from Italy. This was a while ago, but it's worth a try. I think the owners name is Schribnic or Skibnik or something close to that, two brothers. You've bought one I assume? I ran one I think a little bigger, was a pretty beefy unit, I think this one has a gap too? Think that's what the G is for ? lol. I have a remarkable command of the obvious.

Lansing G, 15"

Hey George,

I picked it up in NH yesterday nice lathe & tooling. 15 x72 with a 4 1/4" spindle hole. With the gap out 24" Thanks for the tip. I will google S&S & see If I can get their phone number.

Best regards,

Mark

Hey George,

I forgot to mention, It came with a Burnerd multisize chuck. lever style 2 1/2 max capacity. I only have 1 collet. I belive there 9 or so more. If you know anybody who has any let mre know. Thanks again.

Best,

Mark

Pratt Burnerd Multi-size collets

Mark
What series Multi-size; EE ???
If so there are a total of 16 collets to go from 1/2 to 2 1/2"

Lansing Lathes

S&S is the US distributer. The machines are actually CMT/ Lathes made in Tortona, Italy. They still make manual lathes. If it has a 4 through hole it is likely a CMT machine. S&S titles their Lathe as Lansing machines. Not sure all are made in Italy these days. CMT was a family owned business and had been in the manual lathe business before WWII. I have one that I purchased in 1970. The machine is a 20" swing and 3 meteres between centers. It is good basic machine. They also made a smaller series of machines with 2" holes through the spindle. I purchased my machine from the factory and imported it from Italy as I was living in Germany at the time. Trying to deal with S&S was interesting. Likely it could have been me that was difficult. However deling with the factory was a treat in it's self.

lathe

Hello,

I am looking for a manual for a Lansing engine lathe 15, G model, Thanks.

Mark (607) 437-6786, Thanks.

hello i am selling a g.16 manual lathe if you are interested please call 7185022808 i am asking 5200 negotiable my name is irving

Back