What's new
What's new

Thanks to D. Thomas for the forum

Markusfu

Stainless
As the years comes to a close, I just wanted to let D. Thomas and the moderators know how much I've enjoyed this forum. Most people are willing to share without getting into politics, etc., and I've gotten a lot of helpful ideas from strangers that I'd have to call friends. Since a recent retirement I'm finding that I spending more time here than I should but I guess that means I really enjoy it.

Thanks a bunch and keep up the good work

Happy Holidays, Don, thanks also for posing so many interesting topics

I just commented on another forum how well run this one was.

Merry Christmas to you all. Thanks D. Thomas for the effort in keeping all of this together.

I agree. Very useful to a novice like me. This forum is a wonderful resource, without which I wouldn't know half as much as I do (which is almost nothin'). Season's greetings to all of you.

-Justin

My hat is off to Don. He deserves tremendous respect for creating this forum and maintaining it. He is selfless with his time and knowledge. He is a gentleman in every sense.

Accept no substitutes!

Yep, I have to agree with you guys......Thanks, Don. I remember when you started this forum, we were all mostly gathering on the chaski site. I first thought this format was awkward, but, when chaski changed their format to something even more "awkward" I thought, what the heck? Anyway, Don was always telling us that this forum was more workable...............well, now I can't stand any other format......this is great, and once again, proof of Don's wisdom.

One christmas wish list regarding the forum:

I would love to be able to enlarge the little pictures people put in next to their names, I just can't see some clearly enough to appreciate. Is it possible already, and I am just too dumb to "figure it out"?

Brett in Vancouver,WA

This place is awesome. The level of sharing is incredible. I read WAY more than I post about because there's so many folks here that are far more advanced than I.

Thanks Don for the place to play. I'm proud to wear my Practical Machinist T Shirt and happy to have paid for it if it supports the site.

John

Ditti, Ditti, Ditto, Ditto.
Thanks for a place to meet and learn at.
Merry Christmas to you all, Live long and safe.
Ken

Don,

Thanks for the site. In many ways you have given all of us a wonderful opportunity to share with each other and it is a gift that you have given us each day all year long.

If I am too busy to come here on any given day my day is not complete and I will push my retirement hour so I can gleen the last bit of wisdom before counting sugarplums.

TMD

Not only do I agree with the above but this forum is so good that I see people refering others here to get questions answered.

I am very grateful for all of the advise I have gotten here.

Much of my information is gleaned from posts by others and I don't always comment.

Thanks!

Rick

yep....i am a rank novice,and although i only have several posts, i have learned so much about so much by spending time here....it is wonderful indeed....thanks d. thomas

Yes, thank you Don and everyone else very much!

I'm a beginner. This is as fascinating trade, but it's a hobby for me. I wish I knew something so that I could contribute to the group; you guys ask questions I don't even think to ask!

Mike

Back