What's new
What's new

Mubea ironworker

L Webb

Titanium
It has happened again.
I scrapped the mechanical ironworker two months ago and now the one job we had to run on it has come up. That happens every single time I take a machine out of service.

So today I was over at a machinery dealer looking at a used 60T Mubea hydraulic ironworker. The thing is in pretty decent shape and we tested all the shear functions.

The one thing I didn't like is that with the switches on punch and inch mode, the punch would inch all the way down but them stop. You could keep hitting the footpedal but it wouldn't move. If you switched back to full stroke, it would come up.

My question is, should the punch complete a cycle even in inch mode. it seems to me like it should. Is some limit switch or something else preventing it from doing so?

Is anybody familiar with these?

Les

My last employer had a pedinghuas? anyways on inch mode I would bring it down onto the work to line it up then, with the peddle or hand switch it would punch the work piece and stop at the bottom of the stroke. It would not automaticly return to the top of the stroke.Scott

[This message has been edited by scott t (edited 06-23-2004).]

I have a Geka, and it will go down only in inch mode. You have to switch it back to cycle mode to get it to go up.
So my guess is the Mubea is operating the way it was designed.
Why not call up Mubea, and ask them? I almost bought a used Mubea when I was shopping for my ironworker, and I called them up and got the service guy on the line. He was very helpful about telling me which models they had parts for, what to look for and what to avoid. As I understand it, Mubea itself in Germany is out of business- some of their divisions were purchased by other companies, some just gone. Ironworkers are still being made under the Mubea name. But their US distributor is still in business, selling new ironworkers, repairing and selling parts.
www.mubeamachines.com
800-255-5698

Haven't got one yet Richard.
The ideal situation would be somebody wanting my CNC lathe in trade.
I prefer one that will use the Mubea and Heller tooling. I've got hundreds of those punches and dies.

Whatcha got?

Les

just one of my off the point responses..
A few years ago I had a mechanical Mubea that had the pre WWII style German engraving on it, ie "Wagner Gothic" called mubea and they gave me the details on it! even though it was a predicesor company. 1932

Not relevant to your question, but I did a little research on Mubea, and it turns out they didnt go out of business- they just sold their ironworker manufacturing business to a Belgian subsidiary of Haco, which is a company that makes all kinds of fabricating equipment in europe. Oddly enough, Haco also manufactures another line of ironworkers, the Kingsland line, in the UK. So they own two competing ironworker lines.
Mubea itself is now almost exclusively a spring manufacturer in europe, but they do still make tooling and punches for the ironworkers they dont make anymore.
But here in the US, it is cheaper and quicker to buy Mubea tooling from Cleveland Punch and Die- go figure.

ironworker, or, punch....that is the question

Not relevant to your question, but I did a little research on Mubea, and it turns out they didnt go out of business- they just sold their ironworker manufacturing business to a Belgian subsidiary of Haco, which is a company that makes all kinds of fabricating equipment in europe. Oddly enough, Haco also manufactures another line of ironworkers, the Kingsland line, in the UK. So they own two competing ironworker lines.
Mubea itself is now almost exclusively a spring manufacturer in europe, but they do still make tooling and punches for the ironworkers they dont make anymore.
But here in the US, it is cheaper and quicker to buy Mubea tooling from Cleveland Punch and Die- go figure.

Hi....I need some advice....you seem very knowledgable....could you help me?

Now this post has surfaced again,I might add that Haco own one of the big American pressbrake manufacturers,possibly Atlantic but I`m not sure.
Kingsland mechanical machines were good and common in the UK.The hydraulic versions are reasonably common but not so good.
I have a Haco cnc pressbrake and it is the first and last Haco machine I will ever own.Their service is abysmal.
Mubea was a good machine but I would think Geka is the best hydraulic machine.I have a 40 ton Ficep rarely used nowadays but won`t be getting rid of it.It`s a mechanical machine which I prefer due to the fact they are so much faster than hydraulic.
Mark.

Back