What's new
What's new

Milling machine spacer

8ntsane

Aluminum
Hello all
I have 9x42 Induma milling machine, and I,m looking for a spacer that will increase the spindle to table distance. I have seen them before, but damned if I can find them any where. I thought I had seen them on KBCs site but can,t seem to find them. Maybe Im calling it the wrong name for all I know. Its a round ring, 5 or 6 inches tall and 15 inches diameter. I know they are sold by someone, but can,t recall where. I seem to see them commonly on Excello mills. Could someone please point me in the proper direction?

Thanks in advance
Paul

Wholesale Tool and Enco have riser blocks. I have several other local tool supplier catalogs that carry them.

I needed a riser block for my Cincinatti Tool Master mill - they only wanted $3700.00 for it (12 week lead time, and from France). Made it myself.

I needed one for my Jet mill but it wasnt available, so I made one from an old coupling hub and part of old boiler feed pump seal. Works great and wasnt too difficult to turn either.Price was just right.
John :rolleyes:

Thanks for your replys guys.
I have had better success looking them up now. As Jim pointed out, they are called a riser,and I had been searching for a spacer.Doh! I have found the dia that is the same as my mill, but I guess the bolt pattern to bolt these things up would have to be checked.

Howard, wow, 3700.00 bucks , thats a hell of a big bite on the wallet. I don,t know how large that machine of yours is, but sounds like that riser had to be custom made?

Jonny, I have thought of making one, but my lathe just isnt big enough to chuck up a chunk of metal that large.lol Plus I think there is an X shaped thing that goes with it, not shure on that though.

Jim, you should have mail. Unless I screwed that up some how.

Thanks guys
Paul

All you need is a couple of flange rings and a piece of pipe or steel plate rolled up to make a pipe. If you do a neat tidy job and paint it no-one will ever know it was a fabrication.

Know anyone you can bum a lathe from for a while? A voc school or lab shop? You'll need to machine a shallow rabbet in both sides and drill some holes and shrounge some longer bolts but they're no biggie.

Back