What's new
What's new

'Who is this PM member' quiz ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Had the pleasure of finally meeting this PM member yesterday. Picture snapped in the lovely Lowcountry Regional Industrial park.

(and those that know him already please hold back for the "guessers" as there are hints just based on the objects in the photo
)

matt1.jpg

Elvis?

542c6fe6.jpg

P.S. Don, next time you do a quiz, you should watch what you use for a photo name (right click on your photo and click "properties").

Don, next time you do a quiz, you should watch what you use for a photo name (right click on your photo and click "properties").
D'oh !

Yeah I didn't think about making the post a "mystery" until well after I saved the file.

Now, ditch Elvis and paste Catherine Zeta Jones in there so I can fantasize about "what could have been" :D

...got here late. My first guess (without looking at the picture name) would've been Matt Isserstedt due entirly to the use of his most favorite type of trailer to use -- the good 'ol Uhaul. It looks like he refrained from overloading it this time :D Matt, you need to change your screen name to UHaulMan or similar :D

BTW, is it common practice for Uhaul to NOT include a trailer connector on their trailers? A local friend mentioned that the trailer he rented from them had to be wired directly into the taillights, even though he had several types of standard trailer connectors available on his truck. The explanation given to him by UHaul was that apparently people steal the connectors. Not sure if it was while they were sitting in the rental lot or during an actual rental. What a PITA!

Chad

Yes, jkilroy and Chad, that is esteemed Georgia GM employed, U Haul afficiando, PM member, both legs same length, Matt Isserstedt in the flesh !

Receiving his late model Clausing 20 inch DP (the good one !) into the galvanized annals of his favorite rolling stock !

===========================

Re U Haul and their connectors...it astounds me that here we are in 2005...literally decades after trailer electrical connectors have been standardized...and the dorkheads at U Haul are *still* using those idiotic "tap-a-lite" connectors. The 'theft' excuse is total BS...the only explaination is that it remains a nice little "profit center" for them to sell the adapters. :rolleyes:

================================

Hey Matt, I've got to go to Macon to pick up my new Powermatic jointer...want to meet me a Bibb Machine for a tour ? :D

I noticed the file name when I saved the picture to get a closeup of the vehicle tag, so I could run it to determine the owner.
A quiz not quite up to your normal standards, but at least a nice picture of a drill press.(LOL)
Another quiz in the making? Let see more pictures (with similiar clues!)
David from jax

Yep, that's me and my new toy, (and another $25 Uhaul rental :D ).

I also had the pleasure of meeting our esteemed founder and touring his operation...neat stuff there.

That Linde forklift that Don jumped off to get the photo has got to be the sweetest piece of machinery moving hardware I've ever been around. Quiet and steady.

RE: the Uhaul trailer connectors...my thinking is that when you show up without the proper connector they get to jam your wallet for another ~$20 plus at least an hour of additional aggravation (get back in line behind other pissed off people to pay for the new lighting connector). Heaven help you if you can't hook up the trailer or the electrical connectors yourself...it will be another hour.

RE: Bibb, yes I am definitely game for a trip to the dark caverns...just let me know when you are planning to go.

-Matt

Careful, Lathefan, Ms Zeta Jones is liable to sue for mental anguish caused by unauthorised use of her image.
I think you'll be OK, though - there's legal precendent. I saw her in a trailer the other day.
It was for the new Zorro film.

Back