What's new
What's new

Need supplier for 50 Ton Porta-Power???

muleworks

Cast Iron
I need a 50 ton porta-power. I have looked in MSC, Hydraulic Books, even the Thomas Register. I haven't found nothing but these little toy porta power fender bender deals. What I'm looking for is a industrial model. The cyclinder weighs about 80 lbs, has a 2" hole through the center so all thread rod can be put through and washers with nuts applied so you can pull bushings in and out of heavy equipment. Its also for pulling big CATERPILLAR pins in. They are threaded in the center so a piece of 1" all thread will thread in there and pull them in. The one's I've seen have a remote switch so you can use it under the equipment or off to the side. And the cyclinder is double acting meaning its powered in both directions.
ANY help would be very appreciated!!
Chris

Chris you want an Enerpac dealer (or catalog) and a Brinks truck to deliver your savings to them.

Not (really) trying to be goofy, but Enerpac makes some nice equipment and they are not cheap either.

The all-black (opposed to yellow and black) cylinders seem to get Discovery channel specials made about them.

I don't have any idea on the cyclinder or rod size. I have only seen them while being used, never got to inspect up close. I am an parker hydraulic hose dealer and been going back and forth with my salesmen. He can't get the enerpac guys to call him back on some things. He found the 50 ton cyclinder but not one with the big hole in the center and not double acting. Anyone got any other deals

Chris

Contact Simplex jack in Bridgeview Ill. A good mfg.and equal to enerpac or O.T.C. they have a web site .No connection to the company,but have worked on their products and went to their repair school.

We used Enerpac hollow cylinders alot when I was in the QC lab at a pretressed wire company. 50t was the norm, and we used it alot. Never had any problems with it. Didn't use the double acting ones, but probably just as good.
David from jax

I have a 50 ton OTC which is now called powerteam.Mines single acting but I think they make double acting units.I've seen the units In their catalog set up to remove various bulldozer parts.I got parts for mine from Motion Industries recently and picked up the powerteam catalog there. Their a nation wide supply house so I'm sure theres one near you.Martin

Bought a 100 ton OTC puller to remove grader wheel hubs.It came with a twin cylinder hollow ram,three 3ft.pulling arms,a 2in.threaded rod,30in.long,a 3 way spider and some heavy nuts for the threaded rod.It came with a 2 stage hand pump and long hose. Never found anything it wouldn't move. Needed a good hernia belt to go with it.

OTC & Power team are the same company. They are the same tools as well, just branded different. The majority of my hydraulic pullers are OTC. I have center hole rams up to 100 ton. They are well built & very durable.

MSC carries some Enerpac stuff. Fastenal carries Powerteam I belive. Some bearing houses sell hydraulic tools as well.

Back