What's new
What's new

OT- On eBay, can sellers remove the "questions"

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
that buyers ask ? You know, where you email a question and the seller adds your question and his answer to his listing ? I HATE it when sellers do that !

So, can the seller remove my question/his answer, from the eBay ad ?

Also, is there some way to get a seller's phone number from eBay after I have bid, but before the auction is over ?

did you ask an important question and dont want others to know the answer?

Not important really, but I put my name and address in there and the idiot left those in !

Plus, as I say, I just despise that practice anyway...fine for selling Beanie Babies I guess..

No they can not remove them, they can opt never to post them in the 1st place but if they do post them, they can not edit them (before or after posting) and can not remove.

Once you bid, I believe you can request the sellers contact info.

He wuz probly asking ifin he would tak XX$ NOW for sucha POS, cuz Don didnt wana wait arond for the ending time at 3 in the mornin... :D

He can't unless he ends the auction. Even then, the question will still be posted in there.

I wouldn't worry about it though. A name and address is pretty useless to scammers.

Nah, just asked if he would load the machine at no charge...that's all.

I wanted his phone number via eBay so I could call him to ask him to remove my question, as now I'm afraid he's so dumb he will just add my question about removing the question to the question list !!

Yes the seller can delete your question and his answer easily. I regularly delete questions from my listings as they are usualy requests for shipping quotes that would apply to only to the individual who asked the question. On the sellers my ebay page under all selling he will see a link to the item in question and next to the item title will be a colume tiled questions . If there have been questions there will be a number other the 0 in this colume click on the number and a page with the list of questions will come up . after each question ther will be a tab with the delete option. The question and answer can both be deleted if the question has already been deleted

Do this in future :-
Find one of his old auctions from his feedback .

Go back to his profile from the old auction.

Now you can email the seller without the question appearing on the auction you are looking at....or last looked at.

all the best..mark

Sorry Frederick but you are mistaken. What you describe allows you to delete questions that you have not answered and already displayed on the auction page. Once you answer it and chose the option to display it on the auction (which is what the question is here) then there is no way for the seller to edit it or delete it.

Yep, no deleting them after they have posted.

Dont completely blame the seller though.

I think if you answer a question right from an ebay browser VS responding to an ebay generated email (saying there is a question) the check box for posting it to the listing is automatically checked.

You have to pay attention as a seller when answering questions as to whether the box is checked or not. JRouche

I hate it, too. Often I will (used to, anyway) ask a question in order to determine the rarity of an item. Then it gets posted in the auction so everyone gets in on the info.

I'm not an Ebay slammer but that site has definitely gone downhill.

The question that I am mad that got removed was a question to a seller (rils99) who was selling Hi-Point gun parts for a very high price that have a Hi-Point lifetime free replacement warranty.

Back