What's new
What's new

Surface Grinder Dust Collection - What do you use?

Holescreek

Titanium
I've had my new-old K.O. Lee 718 manual surface grinder fired up now for a couple of weeks and am really having a lot of fun with it. But as with all parties, someone has to clean up after the fun stops.

I like to hear some ideas/creative solutions to the dust collection issue. I've seen small used industrial dust collectors in the past on Ebay, but I'm guessing that someone has already figured out a better (or just as good but cheaper) way.

I know I have to be careful with the collection method, I have seen 3 dust collector filter fires in outdoor commercial units in the past.

Are there any simple solutions that won't require yet another VFD and a valuable amount of floor space? Thanks in advance for your input. -Mike

When I worked at Milacron we had two Moore jig grinders that each had nicely cast round brackets mounted low and on the back. One had a Rainbow Rexair moder C vacume cleaner. I know this because this is the vacune mother used for over forty years. The vacumes on the Moores had fell victim to lack of care and did not function but that was what Moore put on a jig grinder probably in the Fifties.

Back