What's new
What's new

OT- Ever had a cigar that made you feel awful ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Riata's from Honduras (JR Cigar)..seem excellent quality, taste great...but I feel like dogdookie within minutes of one in my mouth. And this is not even smoking* the things but just "pacifier mode". Paraquat maybe ?? Guess I'd better turn these puppies into fertilizer, but just curious WTF is going on. :confused:

*stopped lighting up years ago

Don,

Thanks for the waring I'll stat AWAY for that brand. Had an Opus X knock my socks off thought :( , they cost TOO much anyway. You might try Swisher's Sweets Outlaws, better to chew than smoke. I like Macanudo Maduros myself.

Tom

You might try Swisher's Sweets Outlaws
Lawd have moicy...them's "lawn mowing cigars" ain't they ? :eek:

Every cigar or tobaco product I have experinced has made me feel like locating the nearest fire extinguisher. Smoke or not.

I think it may just be strong tobacco. I used to smoke a fair number of cigars. But whenever I managed to get a real cuban (while traveling in another country, of course), I would get that same green feeling you are describing. It tasted great, just STRONG.

If you are goint to smoke cigars, you should eat lots of fried chicken or ride a motorcycle. Heart attacks and sudden disembodyment are better ways to die than cancer or emphazyma (sp?). However, they do say that nicotine improves your short term memory.

Well, wad' duh' ya essspect? Yer on DRUGS!!! :rolleyes:

What really torques me off though, is those wonderful individuals who insist on smoking right next to the doggon door! :mad: I have to walk through that cloud of stuff! :mad: And don't do it next to my car, either! :mad: Sheesh!

I gave up smoking 30 years ago. It was a difficult time but I have never, ever regretted it. I have been extremely stressed at times but never felt the urge to take up inhaling those foul, stinking, filthy killers.

I heard that Monica L gave up sucking on them small Yankee cigars. Good for her I say; that style of smoking can be damn dangerous to your reputation, er, health I mean. :D :D

cheers, Ken

Anti-smoker rant. You have been warned. I am a non smoker, never have been. Always wondered why someone would even want to smoke.

Why is it that the majority of smokers (like 98% of them) are so inconsiderate with regard to disposing of their butts where ever they feel like it?

Just about every smoker thinks its their born right to flick their butts out the window onto my truck as they go down the road, or stamp them out on the sidewalk leaving them there, or just generally flick them wherever they feel? They rarely pick up after themselves.

I asked my former neighbor to stop flicking her butts off of her deck into my yard. She was taken aback when I explained she was throwing her trash onto my property.

Where I worked prior to my current job, there were always at least two brush fires a year on the property caused by a flicked butt.

It got to the point the company was poised to institute a no smoking policy on the property. They had set aside several designated smoking areas. Placed dedicated cigarette butt cans in these areas. Posted signs stating not to flick them on the ground. And smokers still flicked their butts on the ground. Printed memos went out to every employee on this matter multiple times. I'm not sure if they ever resolved it as I left the co. while this was ongoing.

Our society (incl local, state, and federal laws) provide fines/penalties for littering. Yet smokers throw their butts wherever with complete disregard??

Pull up to any intersection and look around. The number of cigarette butts laying about can be the major litter component laying about.

Based on these behaviors you'd think the majority of smokers are of low intelligence. They seem to have trouble reading. They're inconsiderate. And the fact they smoke cigarettes makes you wonder if they even have a brain?? I know you can't classify all smokers in that category. But I tell you it makes me wonder.

Mark

Getting a flicked butt in the chest or the head when you're on a motorcycle behind a smoker is a really bad way to start the day, too.
That is one of my biggest peeves on the road.

Out here in California, the fine for littering is $1000 - and if a cop sees you do it, and is so inclined, you can be cited for a butt. Also, I have heard of people being brought up on arson related charges for throwing lit butts - especially in the summer, when the fire danger is so high out here (every few years we get a firestorm that takes out between 10s to 100s of houses). About two years ago, we had a fire that was on the next hill over and headed our way... it's a bad feeling when the CDF fire-bomber planes are buzzing your house, dropping their foam fire-retardant loads at the next road over... :(

Don, I imagine as others have intimated, you are just catching a buzz from the nicotine of a particularly strong tobacco. Can remember the first cigar I chewed when a preteen, same effect. I later chewed leaf or plug tobacco from about the age of 16 though 36. Working in cities and leaf not always available, but snuff available for an emergency fix, it sometimes resulted in the green gills nausea effect. Then, over 15 years ago, made deal with GF who became my wife, i'd quit chewing if she quit her almost 2 pack a day smoke habit. We did, and I'm damn glad on both accounts. Pretty disgusting habits all. Though i do think my memory and "persistance" was better.

smt

Smoke only Cubans and stay away from Marsh Wheelings and rum soaked crooks.

Jerry

Groucho Marx: "Say, go down to the store and get me some strong cigars"

Chico: "Strawng cigars, borss?"

Groucho: "Yeah, the last ones broke in my pocket"

I'm on morsetaper2's side on this one. I never have understood the whole "It's just a cigerette butt" concept. It's littter. I have a soysa grass lawn. Very close nit Grass blades. Anything falling on it stays propped up all most though it was laying on your carpet. My neighbors younger daughters decided to take up smoking. They and their friends would sit at night on the front porch smoking and in the morning i'd have a dozen or more butts on my lawn. I would pick them up and pitch them onto their front porch. I was asked why I would be so rude as to throw ciggerette butts onto their porch? I told them if their daughters would quit throwing them in my yard I would not have any to throw onto their porch.

<RANT>
"The only thing worse than a born again Christian, is a born again non-smoker." I don't remember who said that, but, I read it somewhere. In response to all of those 'cute' signs saying "Thank you for not smoking where I breathe"... Thank YOU for holding your breath while I smoke. Yeah, I know, not politically correct, but, guess what? I'm too old to give a flying F**k weather you like my smoking, or not. Go stand outside. </RANT>
Don, you need to add a ROTFLMBO 'emoticon'!

RAS

Hah! Hah! We're winning.
Good for you. I do want to make it clear, I don't throw butts anywhere, I'm definitely a non-litterbug. I'll put them in my pocket, if there's no trash can.
RAS

Back