What's new
What's new

purchasing a horizontal/Bridgeport

buzzcut burnham

Plastic
I'm concidering buying a Cincinnati horizontal miller with a bridgeport head. The owner says that he has the horizontal head but there's still a few parts missing. It's a Cincinnati No. 1-1/2. What I need is an owners manual with prints,and possible place to purchase parts. This is just a home project. Any info. on this machine will be greatly appreaciated.

A #1 1/2 could be as old as 1903 - I had one. Exepecting to find an "owner's manual with prints" for something like this it quite optimistic. :D

Post some photos and let us take a look.

Here is a scan from 1903 catalog of a #2. Is yours this old looking? They were still listed in 1913 catalog looking a tiny bit more "modern"

BallJoint01sm.jpg

John

Johnoder, Thanks for the info. Your picture is very close except the lock bolts on the ram are on the top. The door for the parts is on the back. There's two brass plates with speeds and feeds where this ones door is. I don't have a picture as of yet to post, but I will when I get one. I relize that a manual is along shot but you never know what's out there! Buzzcut Burnham

Back