What's new
What's new

OT - getting Armor All off glass

Hoppy

Cast Iron
I was careless and got Armor All on the inside of my windshield. How in the world do I get rid of the smeary mess that I've got now?

I hope you don't need a brick to remove that from your windshield.

Don't EVER put Armor-All on a dirtbike seat cover. I learned that lesson about 30 years ago.

When you go through the first waterhole and get a bit of water on the seat you'll slide right off the back the next time you hit the throttle hard.

cheers,

Michael

A auto supply store that carries paint supplies will have a prep cleaner that you use for wiping down a car to remove any sillicone or wax residue before you start doing body work (armorall or a "miracle space age paint protector" will mess up a paint job like crazy). I had a can of acryliclean that I used for years to remove all of that junk before I shot any paint. It also was great for getting the armorall off of the gauge glass.

OT but not quite, How do you get the wax out of the plastic trim you were so carefully trying not to touch? Then it turns white and sticks out like a sore thumb!

Ken

OT but not quite, How do you get the wax out of the plastic trim you were so carefully trying not to touch? Then it turns white and sticks out like a sore thumb!

Ken
Use a soft brush to remove the polish. Believe it or not, but creamy peanut butter applied with a brush works well to give the rubber parts a nice shine.
Michael

I was careless and got Armor All on the inside of my windshield. How in the world do I get rid of the smeary mess that I've got now?
----------------------------------------------

Hope's Perfect Glass* Got some at local supermarket. comes in a plastic can (box) of pop up wipes (like baby butt wipes :D )

works great to remove Armorall from glass. Had the same probelm just yesterday when I cleaned up my Chev. (tow car) Tracker for our trip.

I hope you don't need a brick to remove that from your windshield.

Don't EVER put Armor-All on a dirtbike seat cover. I learned that lesson about 30 years ago.

When you go through the first waterhole and get a bit of water on the seat you'll slide right off the back the next time you hit the throttle hard.

cheers,

Michael
Micheal, I to learned that lesson. On a CR500 no less :eek:
NEVER AGAIN...NEVER AGAIN...NEVER AGAIN...

Cheers,
Doug.

>>Don't EVER put Armor-All on a dirtbike seat cover. I learned that lesson about 30 years ago.<<

Don't EVER put Armor-All on a '79 Toyota Celica vinyl seat, door interior and floor mat then hit the brakes too hard.
Learned that about 25 years ago.

Plain ol' glass cleaner works.
Don't ever put armor-all on you bumper steps either.
303 is better for most applications.

Back