What's new
What's new

Anyone Have a Tormach?

Greg,

Not yet, but the one I ordered is due in a month or so. There is a Yahoo Tormach group and a Tormach section on CNC Zone that may be of interest.

Mike

My neighbor has one and I am impressed. I don't know how many hours he will get out of it (screws and steppers are a lot lighter than on my BP) but it is a sweet little machine when almost new. I think that they did a good job.

I had one for about 2 weeks (since I have a loading dock I received it for a friend of mine, and the deal was I got to check it out)
It was pretty darn neat, I didn't actually make anything useful, but got to mess around cutting some things, and I liked it.
Now I am used to running 10-30HP CNC's, but for home or lighter use, I like it.
It seemed to be pretty rigid for it's weight, compared to others that I have seen.
For the price it is hard to beat. You can't compare to a large CNC Mill, but you can't compare the price either.
Not too bad from what I have seen, although it was limited to playing.

My brother just ordered one, his will be delivered next month. Looks like it's going to be a nice mill.

Thanks for the info,

I'm "on the fence" about placing an order.

What about their tooling system? Looks like a good deal to me. Any thoughts?

Those that have one comming, Keep us posted!

Thanks
Scott

I'll probably post something here when mine is up and running. Most of the accessories will arrive tomorrow, if the UPS web site can be believed, including the TTS tooling. From what I saw at Tormach, though, the TTS system looks liek a good compromise for this sort of mill.

It's going into a town home basement so one of the more "professional" CNC mills is pretty much out of the question for me.

Mike

Back