What's new
What's new

Adding a picture to my profile

loggerhogger

Stainless
How di I take a picture out of "My Pictures" and get it into my profile on this forum? I know that I need the complete url, but how do I get that to display? I'm sure that this is pretty basic stuff for most of you , but I'm just not that savy on the computer. All advise, will be greatly appreciated.

Loggerhogger,

If you want to use a picture that is on your computer you need to upload it to a hosting site like Photobucket.

www.photobucket.com

Sign up and go to "My Albums" then you will have a link that will tell you "Upload Image" and click browse and find it through there

After you have done that click on this site up above "My Profile" then "My Preferences" then at the Avatar section click "Select a different Avatar Image" then put the Photobucket link (The first one of the 3 Photobucket lists) in the little box at the bottom that asks for a URL

Hope this helps

Thats not the full link Logger.

When you are looking at your "Album" with a small picture of your picture you will see 3 boxes .... One says URL (The first one) Copy ALL of that and use that as the link to your picture not the link you just posted

Dimitri

loggerhogger,

Good to hear you got it
And for next time when you got to copy a whole link "Left click" from the left most and drag to the right then "Right Click" "Copy" makes it easyer so you dont need to remember to spell everything

Glad you got it done with though :D

Dimitri

Back