What's new

Is Ralmike's Tool-a-Rama Still around?

Ralmike's Tool-A-Rama
4405 S Clinton Ave.
South Plainfield, NJ 07080
908-561-2253
908-561-6680

Give them a call

How odd is this thread. Was just using a vee block tonight that had one of their labels attached. I have a Mitutoyo mic from them, bought it about 15 years ago. Their shop was in my hometown, last time I passed it 2 years ago, they were gone! I'll have to check the Clinton Ave address. My memory of them was they tried to weasel out of handling warrentee issues with items they sold.

From "Tool-o-Rama" to "Country Supply" ?? Sounds like going from a tooling house to a feed and seed store ! :eek:

I have this information:

Ralmike's Tool-A-Rama, Inc.
524 Lincoln Boulevard
Middlesex, NJ 08846 USA

Phone: 800-462-4243
Fax: 800-472-5645

But the toll free number is being checked for trouble when I tried calling.

Jerry

They are actually called County Supply. I know this because we used to be at 550 Lincoln Blvd in Middlesex which was the building next door. We used to buy a lot from them in our Mfg. days.

TK

I believe County Supply swallowed up Ralmikes. I seem to remember County supply going "tits-up" not long ago too, I could be wrong. I haven't been in Middlesex in years.

They were located in a once heavy industrial area. I saw many businesses bang-it-up while I was there, maybe that's why County Supply closed the doors if they did. There's nobody to sell to in that area anymore.

TK

What type of stuff did Ralmike's supply sell, new or used, quality or junk? Middlesex by the way still has tons of machine shops working in that area.

Adam

Ralmikes sold new stuff. Same name brand stuff as you'd find at MSC, J&L, Penn Tool etc.

Adammil, are you from the Middlesex area originally?

TK

ralmikes had lots of good stuff. mostly setup aids.ive seen a lot of it that had theyre own name on it and wasnt cheap junk.

TK,

No, I'm from Massachusetts, but I go to school in Piscataway/New Brunswick at Rutgers University. In addition to studying Mechanical Engineering, as well as building steam engines, I'm on the schools Racing team. http://coewww.rutgers.edu/fsae/ . At the beginning of the year our machine shop was despertaly low on supplies so I suggested we try going to some machine shops and see if they have some surplus we could either buy or get donated. Some of the shops were very helpful. We got thousands of dull drillbits from a screw machine shop which with a drill doctor are good as new. Endmills galore, measuring tools and lots more. Virtually all of these very generous shops were in the Middlesex area. Their trash was our treasure, as with many students in a shop some who harldy know how to use machines, every $3 broken drill, $15 endmill, and $20 dropped caliper adds up.

Adam

This thread brings back memories. I used to work for
Lockheed Electronics about thirty years ago and often went to Ralmikes during lunch hour. Larry

Back