What's new
What's new

deposit to bid

Crooks are such morons aren't they ? I guess that's often why they are crooks...

Still, there are exceptions, like the Enron gang....pretty smart crooks there.

Carl, zero. That's why I say the "seller" is a moron. There is no way on Gods Green Earth that any person in the realtively small universe of those wanting an engine lathe, would send money in that sort of situation.

All that time wasted creating that elaborate ad, when he could have spent it more productivly at the KFC mixing the original recipe batter.

Lets see, you send the money to the UK and pick up the machine in California. I guess that makes sense.

Fortunately, if you are not the high bidder, you can bid on the second one he has for sale (may require another deposit).

That's the best (worst?) one yet in my opinion. At least in most other scams, the scammer tries to come up with a believable story to support the scam. This guy is just flat out saying "gimme your money".

I think I have a variation of this I might try: I'm going to stand out in a random parking lot next to a random car. When a random person walks by, I'll say "Wanna buy my car for $500? If interested, give me the money, in cash, and I'll go home and get the keys for you. You just have to stay here until I return."

Oh brother.... :rolleyes:

This was the original auction, the seller had a Buy it Now of £1200, bet he was glad that no one decided to use that option before the bidding started

http://tinyurl.com/q8jug

Hood

I have never figured out how to get 800 pounds of anything shoved through a wire. He must be smarter than I am to know how to do that.

That would have to be the best scam I've seen for a while.
I would think the "best" scams would be those most likely to generate scam sucess. I would put this one into the least likely to generate scam sucesses, and therefore categorize it the opposite of the "best"

As to huge balls, probably the opposite of that as well, just huge holes in the head.

I went HS in Lockport NY where there was a local guy famous for making his living with a daily adv in the NY Times, all it said was:

last chance to send your dollar.
Joe Smith
Sucker lane
Suckerville, NY

it was legal at the time since he did not promise anything and the paper apparently could not refuse the adv.
A classic never give a sucker an even brake deal, kind of charming, or at least amusing

there was a local guy famous for making his living with a daily adv in the NY Times, all it said was:

last chance to send your dollar.
Joe Smith
I guess Snopes wouldn't have any debunk info on "local" urban myths...

Back