What's new
What's new

ot, my wesite for my artwork

size,
the 500 ones are small, 8 x 16, or so, the 5000 dollar ones are big, 36 x 80 [about the size of a door] If you figure the price per square inch, the big one is half price.
If you want to annoy an artist, ask him how long it took him to paint something, try it.
Thanks Stephanie

I don't know but it is one of those harmless questions that people ask because they don't know what else to say or are just curious. I never know what it say, my wife allways kicks me when I am about to give an honest answer..

At first glance I thought it said "ticketed" so I was looking for an impressionistic cop in there somewhere...

Surplus, you don't really expect us to believe that artist John is the same John as you, do you ? :D

yes, the bad spelling is proof! When I met my wife, she heard how I was a designer, machinery dealer, painter, etc and she thought I was a Renaisance Man, after we got married she found out I am Baroque.

yes, the bad spelling is proof! When I met my wife, she heard how I was a designer, machinery dealer, painter, etc and she thought I was a Renaisance Man, after we got married she found out I am Baroque.
LOL. I am a potter/silversmith/photographer/occasional painter...but mostly slackjawed yokel. My wife just calls me a mad scientist, along with the rest of her family.

I like "Sea of Green" too. How long did it take you? :-D

A better question, not the time question, but "Do you actually sell from your website?" I have been trying to get my brother-in-law to set up a website for a very long time, with no avail.

-Jacob

that is a very long story.
The website is new, in response to everyone asking me if I have one, I don't think I will sell from it but it is good for general promotion. I sell thru consultants to corporate collections and directly to a few people. Recently I have put more effort into selling, since I prefer to be painting than crawling around in dirty cold warehouses.

Maybe snowman and I can go in on "Sea of Green" and each have it half the year?!

John the artwork is very, very good in my humble opinion. Only wish I could afford a few pieces.But I suspect if my untrained eye can see the beauty in your pieces, I know without a doubt others with a little more money to invest will see the same.

I like many others, sometimes ask the amount of time involved simply to gain an insight as to how long the labor and thought processes must churn to achieve work that we ourselves very many times can never do.

I'm always amazed at the abilities (sometimes genius) of others on this forum. Your artistic abilities are another fine example of what many of our members bring to the table.

The question of "how long did that take?" can be answered quite simply, "My Lifetime......" :rolleyes:

The reason that it is offensive is that it tries to trivialize a work of art into a manufactured part. If one painting takes twice as long as another, it is doubtful one could sell it for twice as much. Value is the end product, not the time in between. It's very hard to compare to a standard business. In my experience the number of rejects would break most business models.......

Pete

Back