What's new
What's new

5C Square Collet

Rollerman

Cast Iron
I am looking for a 1/16 square 5C collet if any group member has one they would like to sell.
Hardinge has them in stock but their price is high

I would check with Victor !-800-723-5359 or Kitts Industrial Tool 1-800-521-6579 or Travers 1-888-218-6478 to see if they have them and what the prices is one them.

I don't represent these companies but I do business with them.

Jerry

Hardinge is $36. Some of the other brands are more than that and have absolutely no comparison to Hardinge quality, plus they don't all list 1/16 sq.

try this;
take a piece of 3/8" or 1/2" stock or stock that will fit any collet you have and machine half way down then machine a V groove that measures 1/32" deep and 1/16" wide down the center of the radius you have just machined. insert the 2 pieces into your collet face the end and machine a groove for a o-ring making sure the o-ring surface is lower than the dia. you are machining. deburr and install o-ring. turn part end for end repeat the facing an o-ring operation. make a wittness mark on this end so that the 2 pieces can always be oriented correctly. then take the 2 halves and polish about .003" off each piece so they will clamp the 1/16" square.
by the time you have done all this the $35. to $40. you would spend for the collet will seem like the bargain that it is...jim

Back