What's new
What's new

Stanley Unishear

alrednek

Aluminum
I found 4 sets of replacement blades for a Stanley Unishear mixed in with some stuff I got with a lathe I bought.

If anyone can use them they're yours for the cost of postage. Email me if you're interested in the blades- [email protected]

By the way, what is a Stanley Unishear?

Used mostly in sheet metal shops for cutting curves. The standard ones would cut up to 16ga real good, and they also made some bigger ones that would cut 14 or even 11ga as I recall, but you needed a gorilla to carry one of those around. One of those blades goes in the foot, which is moving underneath the sheet, and the other goes in the post, ram, spindle...whatever you want to call it, which moves up and down. The rake on the blades makes a unishear cut with a scissor type action, whereas a nibbler typically cuts with a punching action.

Well, so far it seems that no one that was interested in Unishear blades has a machine that these blades will fit. I have a description of the blades that I can send if anyone wants to see if they can use them.

I'm offering them one last time before they go on ebay.

The unishear cuts a fine line just a a pair of tin snips, a nibbler cuts a gullet
my unishear was purchase by my Dad in 1956 it still has the original blades,but they are too short to cut much more than 10 to twelve thousandths.
contact me at [email protected]

Back