What's new
What's new

WTB-Info On Fexac Horizontal Mill

Scott R

Hot Rolled
Anyone here know anything about a Fexac Horizontal mill? I bought a model UM at a auction at a closed adult education school in Cleveland.

Machine runs well and does not appear to have been used much. It also has the universal milling head.

Any chance that manuals are still available?

Scott

I have brochures only on this machine. A 2 page brochure on the UM and a 4 page brochure on accessories for the UM.

No operation manuals or parts manuals.

If interested in the brochures, send a PM.

Made in Spain...nice machines. I have one also, don't recall if I got a manual with it or not.

I have a UP #2, it too came from a school. Never found much about it. It has a 9.5x42 table, 40 taper, 3hp drive, 1.5hp feed.Its good but I wonder if there is something better out there.Maybe something with a cluched rapids on X,Y&Z. But smaller than a K&T H.

I have a Fexac UP universal milling machine.Quess where it came from? The only thing different is mine has rapids on all 3 axis.I have a manuel. Not very big only 17 pages.Good mill,I believe German engineering went into their design as they are suspiciously like a Heckert mill

oldiron

I Googled Fexac and there was a place in Canada that serviced these machines. I haven't called them yet.

I have been cleaning my machine and haven't found a ser # or a model #. Did they put one on these machines?

Oldiron 2 If you decide to make copies of your manual, run another off for me. I would gladly pay you for postage and time.

Thank you

Hal

I needed a drive pinion that was missing. I got it from the mfg. in Spain. Took about 1.5 weeks to get here. They were great people to work with.

I can't find their website, But if anyones interested in contacting them I have his business card.
Scott

Scott

I would like the contacting information when you get a chance.

I would like to have a manual for my machine as I might end up needing some parts(one of the power feed isn't working) and I'm not sure the model # of my machine, it's a plain horizontal mill with power feed on x, y .

Thank You

Hal

Did you deal with by phone or Email?

I delt with them mostly by Email. I did call once and there was some problems with the language. They did fax me a drawing of the part I needed and that really helped. Biggest assache was sending a international wire transfer. I believe it cost me $80 just to wire them the money on a $300 part.
If I was to do again I would probably just send them a bank check.

The contact is Adolfo Reneo
the phone # is 3491 365 1228 this is also their fax # . I still can't find the damn website but i'll keep looking.

Hal
If you get through to them I would be interested in a manual too (should have ordered it when I got my part :rolleyes: )Maybe we can order 2 maunals it will save on the shipping.
Scott

I will run off several copies of the manuel.The dealer in Canada was H H Roberts Machinery.I contacted them & they told me they had no parts& had dropped any dealings in these machines.So far have not found any suppliers.If anyone knows of another supplier in Canada or USA would be pleased to know.

Yup, I guess that sums up why I can't find the website anymore. Sounds like Mr Reneo is no longer in business.

oldiron 2

My Email is [email protected]

If you will Email me your address and what you donation you need to "machinery fund" for you time and expense I'll get some money in the mail.

Thanks again

Hal

I would like to thank "oldiron 2" for his generosity to send me a copy of his FEXAC manual.

It is very helpful.

Hal

Back