What's new
What's new

Troyke 12" Rotary Table

gtslabs

Plastic
I just purchased or should I say STOLE a excellent condition Troyke 12" Rotary Table with 9x9 X-Y table - model DTM-12. I checked the manufacturers website but that model is not listed anymore. I want to find a manual on this RT. There is a large Black screw for engaging a worm gear. What is the purpose of this feature?

Does anyone know what these sold for new? I see one dealer selling a used one for $2,350

The retail price is $4491 from MSC Industrial, but I don't think many people will pay that. You can get a used vertical mill in great shape for that price.
Here is a link from MSC:
http://www.mscdirect.com/PDF.process?pdf=1524

Now that CNC is standard, people don't need these tables for their semi-complicated, rectangular and rounded geometries. Maybe that is why they are available on eBay occasionally. I bought one of them for under $400, which I think was a better deal than most of the things I have bought on eBay. I think they are really well made. Smooth action, adjustable backlash. Another company called Advance made similar tables.

The big black knob can be unscrewed in order to disengage the worm gear. Then you can freely rotate the table without having to turn the crank 90 times per revolution.

I have used mine only a couple of times. One reason is that it is so heavy. I might make a sort of transfer arm that will swing away to a side table or shelf near the mill, but I hhave more than enough projects already.

Jon Spear
jdspear "at" LBL.gov
http://www-als.lbl.gov/ssg/ssgdirectory/spear/spear.htm

I was eyeing that same exact table at the auction the other day gtslabs. Didn't have a use for it but I figured it would have gone cheap. I felt bad for the old owners of that shop. Sad day. Mind if I ask what you got it for?

$75!

Yes, I felt bad too as I go to these auctions and see peoples hard work sold for pennies on the dollar. I bought a BS612 in March for 1,000 and saw 2 sell for 200 each at that auction. I have a rigging thread going as I would have loved to pick more equipment up.

I got a quote from a dealer selling the same model for $2350!

Steve

I picked up a Troyke cross slide unit with a 12"x12" top for $500. If you picked up the same table and it is in good shape, you got a deal ... heck that is about a scrap price. I just leave my rotary table bolted to the mill most of the time and work from that instead of taking it off all of the time and recentering it. Unfortunately, I do not have the means for CNC, but I love what that table enables me to do - talk about sweet.

Here is one on eBay made by Advance:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41943&item=3829258296

This is the larger size, with a 12"X12" X-Y table, on top of what I think is equivalent to a 15" rotary table.

With a little over one day left in the auction, the price is $147. this auction might give you an idea of the market value of these things. Yours sounds like it is in better condition. Also, I think the smaller size is desirable, just for practical reasons.

-Jon

Final price of the larger table from the eBay auction above was $432. That should give a rough idea of the "market value."

Back