What's new
What's new

OT- Machine shops & Soldiers

rowdyw

Aluminum
Not really connected,huh? In my case, I was sitting here doing some finishing touches on some paperwork concerning the machine shop I plan on opening this summer. I'm all ready to start what I think is a perfect complement to my farm operation. While I'm doing this I thought about my brother in Kentucky who is getting ready to go back to Iraq next week. Here we are, moving on in our careers, making plans, living our lives while our Armed forces are putting theirs on the line. My brother is just like any other American boy, now he has a wife and 4 kids and is 2 years to retirement from active duty. I guess my point is, no matter your political leaning, remember our soldiers and their sacrifices. They are just doing their jobs. A prayer for my big brother and his family wouldn't hurt, either. Thanks

My nieces husband is in Kentucky and also leaving for Iraq in a few days. Has not yet been home a year after being there for 16 months and now he's
going back for another year. He has a 3 year old son who just can't understand yet why his dad has to leave. Having been there that long his dad knows why all too well.
I offer my prayers for your brother and ask for yours as well.
God Bless these fine young men.

Yes, I think about those people every day.
I always think about if it were me, and I had to just pick up and leave for a year or more with 2 weeks notice. The way my life is, I just could not possibly do it. Somehow they do.
I think what they are doing over there is needed, I just wish there was a way to do it without risking anybody's life.
I for one appreciate what they do for us.
People always thank me for being a firefighter and saying we are heros. But when the fire is out, I get to go home. Seems the soldiers deserve a lot more recognition.

Discovery Channel is going to run a four part show hosted by Matt Laurer called "The Greatest American".
I got to thinking about it and decided it really pisses me off that they are doing that show.
The Greatest American? They will be asking people to vote for the likes of Oprah, Bill Clinton, Bush, Edison and a whole multitude of people.

I feel the Greatest American is the soldiers who are going to Iraq. Hands down the winner.

Les

Just came back from dinner at a local restaurant and was talking to a retired Air Force guy, who was with our group. He mentioned that one of his grandchildren just went to Iraq. He called home and told his parents about being ambushed while riding in a Humvee. I won't get into the details, but he and his buddies won the engagement. When asked if he was afraid, he replied, "no, I had my rifle".

God bless all of them, we owe them so much.

The young man two doors down - I have watched grow from crawling to being a man. His grandfather was in WWII the whole time. He has just come back from his first Iraq tour. Been to Bosnia. Going back to tour #2. His buds depend on him.

He don't say a lot about it, nothing Oprah will have on show. He - and a lot of others - just do it.

There's not enough credit to give them - one and all.

--jr

Tim, my brother is at Ft. Campbell, KY with the 5th SF group. He's been deployed lots of times but somehow I'm a little nervous this time, probably because he's getting so close to retiring. He's 37. Thanks for your responses!

Back