What's new
What's new

Walker Turner paint

Larry Teague

Aluminum
Anybody out there know off the top of their head anything about the color or availability of the greenish paint used by W-T on their bench drill presses? I already about the old machinery page. Appreciate it.

It might be Vista Green one of the standard industrial colors.

Funny, I just looked at a S/W color chart for industial coatings. "Mauve", "chartreusse", "champaigne" and "taupe" aint among them. Any color with an "e" on the end is suspicious. I think those funny colors aint real colors at all. They're part of that female conspiracy that keeps us poor men off balance and insecure so we don't dare buy outboard motors and chain saws welders, and milling machines, and routers and other important stuff.

[This message has been edited by Forrest Addy (edited 10-01-2003).]

Any color with an "e" on the end is suspicious.

I'm gonna "borrow" that line!

I took a color vision test in the Navy, and the guy was amazed because he would barely even have the "bubble number" cards drawn before I'd have the number picked up and told to him. Nothing wrong with my color vision. Too bad my hearing isn't the same.
smile.gif

Well, my girlfriend has three daughters, and I found out from them that I don't know a da**ed thing about color! Yep, it's those "E" color conspirators again!

Still grinning on that one.

Oh yeah, the man's question. I've taken removable painted parts to the paint store and had them matched with a computer. If you do that, your product is non-returnable, so don't way over-buy!

Richard

For more then you ever wanted to know about color vision go here:

http://www.4colorvision.com/files/tetrachromat.htm

There is also some theoretical reason to believe there may actually be a few tetrachomats, all female, wondering around the planet, though apparently none have yet been confirmed to exist.

Having some color vision issues myself, I find gray to be a good machinery color. Green, like the old Powermatic machines, I also find quite pleasant, but I'm not sure that when I'm looking at it I'm seeing the same color as normal people! Powermatic gold is just plain stupid, and it's gotten worse since originally introduced in the 1980's. However, I would find purple or Alfa red or even babysh*t brown to be a fine color on a a factory new FP1 or long bed (OK even short bed) 10EE.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by BillSct (edited 10-01-2003).]

Facinating, THANKS !
Just be carefull using hot soap and water if you want to match the old paint because the combination may cause discoloration.
I tried cleaning a very old teens std gauge Lionel gondola and the red went south to chalkland.

Once took four generator brackets from Chrysler engines to use for matching. Each was a different shade and hue leading me to believe that gasoline, heat and chemicals had their effect. . .or, the paint may have been eyeball mixed.

<< Try this link:
http://www.owwm.com/FAQ/PaintColors.asp >>

Where can I find some rubberized paint, I have a bunch of lottery ticket, want to doctor them up by repainting a gray box over the numbers and then drop them here and there, make some of our buddies think the lettwer they got in the mail with 5 lotto tickets is surely a good omen.
cool.gif

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but it is on the first page of google results for "walker turner paint color". I got a sherman williams paint code from the wiki at vintagemachinery.org. They dont sell that paint in ohio anymore, (somthing about VOC content) but they used that pigment sheet to tint a gallon of industrial alkyd for me and it looks like a great match.

Where i saw the original paint sheet:
Paint Colors - Walker-Turner - VintageMachinery.org Knowledge Base (Wiki)

I have a pic of my paint sheet, but photobucket doesnt do third party hosting for free anymore. If there is any interest in having it here for future refrence, someone send me a msg on how to make it happen and i will edit this post. It might be helpfull because the girl behind the counter diddnt have much training and it took a half an hour and 2 phone calls to get the right pigments for the new kind of paint.

Back