What's new
What's new

Wanted: Erco HD Flanger and Forming machine

Need more information.
Did you lose one with a million dollars in cash hidden in the base?
Erco, as far as I know, is not in business any more, and they never made very many of these things.

At least a couple of the guys on the metalshapers forum own these machines- and there are pics of some in their photo albums at the website. This guy has one- maybe if you offer him enough he will sell it.
www.metalshapers.org/shopviews/jeffbooze.shtml

If you absolutely must have an erco, I would post on the metalshapers forum, (www.metalshapers.org) asking if anyone knows where one is for sale. I would check ebay often. Check machinetools.com, the locator, surplusrecord, etc.
They turn up used now and then, but there arent a lot of them out there.

Kent White at Tinmantech.com sells dies that do the same thing, that can be mounted on other, more available hammers, including the one he sells. I know people do similar stuff with special tooling on pullmaxes, and Eckold probably sells some sort of machine that will do the same kind of flanging, if you happen to have a spare 30k sitting around. So if you just have to flatten flanges on curved pieces, there is probably another way to do it.

But, if on the other hand, you just gotta have one of these machines, I can totally understand. For no rational or cost effective reason, I have wanted a Roper Whitney Radiusmaster for years, and if one turned up used for under 2500 bucks, I would buy it.
Tool lust is a strange thing.....

ERCO from Metal Worx Tools

It's Wheeler Machinery in City of Industry.

http://inv.wheelermachinery.com/

Checking their site I don't see any Erco machines currently. They do have six Pullmax machines in stock. Bet there isn't another dealer anywhere with that many!! They have an incredible inventory of hard to find P'max tooling. Tooling is only sold with a machine though. Give them a call, ask for Sammy White. Some of the special P'max tooling can do tricks, maybe what you want to do could be done on one of those machines instead of a flanger. Sammy will know.

Check out Metal Worx Tools for all ERCO machines and parts. They own the original patents and certified shop drawings for all things ERCO.

METAL WORX erco cleveland tapping townsend metal fabrication tools

Back