What's new
What's new

What happened to RalMike's Tool-A-Rama

C R Pettus

Plastic
I have some nice tools marked "RalMike's Tool-A-Rama".

An Internet search provided no results.

What is the history of this company and are they still in business?

Wow.. haven't heard about them in a long time. They were based in Summit NJ many moons ago. I used to buy from them, and they sold some of my products as well.

Have no idea if they're still around. Would like to find that out myself just out of curiosity.

I'd never heard of them outside of their markings on a big set of precision ground parallels that I got in a used machine deal. I've never come across a set of parallels quite like these.

They were the only outfit I knew of that listed the two sizes of "Rotangle" in recent years. The coolest little combo spin indexer and sine plate you can imagine. At about $2400 for the small and $3700 for the large, they probably did not sell many. Gauge making (Dept. 38) at P&WA in the sixties had these things in quanity - in their neat mahogany boxes with all the collets.

John

I found a Ralmike's sale flyer in a home shop I bought out a few years ago... I think it was from the 80's. I do remember using one of their $29.95 radius dressers at a job I once worked.. Surpringly, if it was set right, it was quite accuate...

I know Ralmike's went out of business,because several years ago,can't recall exactly,I was able to buy a whole bunch of their stuff cheap from a used machine/tooling dealer.

Last I heard of them was like back in the late 80's, below is some info I found in the internet, I haven't tried contacting them so I don't know if it is still a good link.

good luck
ps
I do have some of their gages though!!

Ralmike's Tool-A-Rama, Inc.
524 Lincoln Boulevard
Middlesex, NJ 08846 USA

Phone: 800-462-4243
Fax: 800-472-5645
email: [email protected]
Company Type: Distributor

Weird. I grew up in Middlesex NJ. I even lived on Linclon Blvd (900 block) before I moved out of town about 18 years ago. Small world getting smaller all the time.

Back