What's new
What's new

Where to buy Kasenite ?

chopperguy

Aluminum
Where can I buy some Kasenite ? I have looked on the net but found nothing except for the occasional Ebay item. How much is a 1 lb tin worth anyway??

Anyone suggest where I can buy it over the net as it is not available, or any product similar that I can find, here in Australia .

Help !!!

So far any of the above mentioned companies, if it is in stock...they don't ship to Australia & if they are out of stock, they will ship to Australia.
A lose..lose situation so far.

:confused:

If it helps at all maybe check with a plating chemical supplier. The only ingredient in Kasenite is sodium ferrocyanide. It is also registered as a food additive in Australia as E-535 and is used as an anti-caking agent in table salt. It is non toxic so shipping should be no problem.

Dab on case hardening materials like Kesenite, Hard 'n Tough, Hardite and other are good stuff but the case they leave can be real thin. Time at temperature makes a difference as does frequent refreshing of the salt coat and heating in a muffle.

Thanks for the info.

As usual I rang Blackwoods and because I didn't have a Blackwoods part number, no-one knew anything. Might be able to get somewhere now.

Thanks
Roger

Back