What's new
What's new

rebuilding pressure washer

Bill D

Diamond
I am going out saturday to look at a gas engine pressure washer. seller says the engine runs fine pump nmeeds new seals. For $100 it is worth it for the 1oHp engine. so how do I know if and what needs fixing in the pump. Since it is in central California I doubt if the pump froze.
Bill D.
PS a good source of rebuild parrts? or will standard O rings work as well.

I will be keeping an eye on this post, as my brother just cleaned out a garage with about a half dozen pressure washers in various state of repairs.
The one I have my eye on is a Hawk pump, and appears to have a blown head gasket. It still pumps, but leaks water out of the base of the head.
David from jax

I have a small electric one that quit making pressure. I took the top off the pump and didn't see any thing wrong but I never had one apart before either. I put it back together and it started working.

One thing to check before you rebuild the pump is to check the trigger handle valve. I had a pressure washer that would only put out a low pressure stream. Turns out when I squeezed the handle, the valve wasn't fully opening and the back pressure was cracking the relief valve. A 0.050 shim between the trigger and the valve stem solved the problem.

Back