What's new
What's new

Where to purchase Sieg machines?

NIS240SHU

Plastic
Hi everyone, I'm looking at various smallish lathes (but bigger than the 7x12 units) and found that Sieg has some. I've gone to their Web site, but they have no pricing and no dealer information. Does anyone have a source?

Also, any comments on Sieg?

Thanks!

Helder

Sieg lathes and mills are available at virtually every outlet that sells lathes and mills, try any of the discount places in the states. Take a real good look at the the machines on the Sieg site and then go have a look at ANY 7 x 12 or all the other different sized lathes, or ANY of the mini mill's, with ALL DIFFERENT brands on them and you will find that it is has been made by Sieg. The only difference with these machines is the colour of the paint on them.

I have a Central Machinery 8X12 From Harbor Freight.
It is 190lbs compared to about 89lbs for the 7X10 and 7X12 seig made lathes.

You can also get the same thing but different color, from Lathemaster.
It cost more but comes with two chucks, face plate,
steady rest,etc.

They are pretty well made machines for the money.
But you will have to replace the junk black thing they call a motor.

I run a Hardinge DV59 at work.
My little 8X12 is no DV59 but for the money it's a good little hobby lathe.

Look here-- http://www.mini-lathe.com/

Gregg.

Seig doesn't have a stateside distributor of their line as you see it in their catalog. You can buy directly from the facotory. Freight to a port city is reasonable - $130 IIRC. Then you have to work with a freight forwarder to get it to your city, or drive to the port if possible.
Also, get on the Seig c6 Yahoo group and see if anyone is doing a group buy. Just buy 4 machines, and freight is free. You still have to deal with the direct importing.
Be sure to buy all the available accessories while you are at it, as they are cheap and the freight is still free.
I'd love to have one of their 10x24lathes. Strangely, it doesn't have a leadscrew reverse tumbler.

SIEG DEALER LMS Little machine Shop in Pasadena will get you any SIEG machine

Little machine Shop will get you any SIEG machine you want, it'll take a while and don't expect a discount. I'm getting a SIEG 14x44 lathe and a SX4-Pro soon. I was just rated 100% by the Veterans Administration, only took 9 years! 1st things first... Get the grandbabies all caught up with birthday and xmas presents, I couldn't get them for the last 15 years. Fix A/C in the car and house for my wife, fix our bathroom so it works again.

Hmm 4 machines and freight is free...

Seig doesn't have a stateside distributor of their line as you see it in their catalog. You can buy directly from the facotory. Freight to a port city is reasonable - $130 IIRC. Then you have to work with a freight forwarder to get it to your city, or drive to the port if possible.
Also, get on the Seig c6 Yahoo group and see if anyone is doing a group buy. Just buy 4 machines, and freight is free. You still have to deal with the direct importing.
Be sure to buy all the available accessories while you are at it, as they are cheap and the freight is still free.
I'd love to have one of their 10x24lathes. Strangely, it doesn't have a leadscrew reverse tumbler.

Hi everyone, I'm looking at various smallish lathes (but bigger than the 7x12 units) and found that Sieg has some. I've gone to their Web site, but they have no pricing and no dealer information. Does anyone have a source?

Also, any comments on Sieg?

Thanks!

Helder

Perhaps best to ask that on a hobby machining web site where it won't be in violation of posting rules.

Back