What's new
What's new

12' Cincinnati Press brake ram adjustment motor

Nick_

Plastic
Over the past year a 12' press brake has had issues with the ram adjustment motor, this is a 30-45 year old clutch type press brake, Cincinnati ( I will post the model number tomorrow with pictures. I am ultimately looking for leads to the make or at least a general understanding of how the brake pad is replaced and adjusted correctly in the motor that adjusts the ram height.

The issue:
A relatively simple (and ancient)adjustment motor failed last year and a guy was brought in to fix it, worked excellent for a short time.
Today (abruptly I might add) the "Downward" adjustment made a terrible chatter/grind sound on activation, then the "Upward" adjustment also took route.

Removed the end housing of the adjustment motor (the end the brake pad is located) and found a set screw for the gear that the brake pad fits onto had become dislodged completely and was banging around there.

We got it put back together and realized it worked as expected but may have reassembled it incorrectly. It jolts under torque and make a somewhat nasty metal on metal sound, when we take it apart there are no obvious signs of whats rubbing on what.

Anyone have experience or a contact for old Cincinnati press brakes in the SF bay area (or womeone I can contact if no one on the forums has some leads? Seems to be getting harder to find people to tackle these quirks. Thanks for your time.

we always try and use independents or diy because Cincinnati is so pricey on service, but if you've been saving your pennies they will send out a service tech.

Have you contacted them to see they'll sell you a manual?

Back