What's new
What's new

16 mm Drill Press table raising assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmedsker

Plastic
I have a Target Machinery Industry Co. 16 mm drill press that is missing the rack to raise and lower the table. I haven't looked at the condition of the crank but I don't think it's in good shape either. Any thoughts on where I might be able to find a factory replacement or at least something from another drill press that I could get to work?

As APD suggests there are a couple of gear drives. Typically there's a worm drive from the hand crank to an intermediate shaft. The I-shaft also has a pinion spur gear on it to engage a rack.

Personally I would try to gage the pinion gear and determine pitch. Then buy and modify the equivalent rack to match the dimensions available.

It would be possible to cannibalize another DP but it would be an exercise in building a new housing if the diameter of the posts were different. Usually its all buried in the table-collar casting.

I did a goggle on the company name. Top hit contains contact name and email address in Taiwan.

Are you due for a miracle? Ask if OEM parts are available.

WP_20140115_001.jpgWP_20140115_002.jpgWP_20140115_003.jpgWP_20140115_004.jpg

Here are some photos of what I'm looking at. I'm not very familiar on how to determine the size of these types of gears. Help would be greatly appreciated. It does look like I should be able to purchase a rack from Mcmaster though. Is there any other info I can provide? I think I can get the spur gear out of the housing but it will be a little more work because I will have to tap a hole in the shaft it rides on in order to pull it out.

See machinery discussion guidelines.... no home shop quality machine discussion allowed on PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back