What's new
What's new

poly v belts and metric taperlock pulleys

dsergison

Diamond
I'm about to try to put together a 5.14" 3/16" pitch poly v pulley on to at 28mm shaft which has currently a smaller taperlock pulley

as i doubt i will just find one of the 5.14" size, can anyone reccomend a method of attaching a home made outer to whatever sort of purchaced inner?

and any hot tips on manufactures or suppliers who have this sort of thing online would be appreciated.

it's all re. my cnc mill: http://www.practicalmachinist.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/13/6268.html

In Browning, that would be a 10L52P with a 5.2" pitch dia and 10 groove. If you have a 12 groove, that would be a 12L52P. Both take the P1 series of bushing. The bushing part number would be P1-28mm
JR

It sounds like JR has it nailed, but if you are going homebrew on the pulley but can use a purchased QD/SDS taperlock hub with a flat flange on the hub, you machine something like a 7 degree tapered bore that can usually be done with the lathe's compound slide. Then transfer your bolt holes over from the hub, all are orthogonal to the surface of the pulley.

IOW there's none of the "half-tapped-holes" requiring some special tooling as are used on a standard taperlock bushing.

I cut them from surplus taper lock V belt pulleys obtainable in any scrap yard, the smaller ones < 10" are often solid allowing them to be cut to any size 1" or more larger than the hub. J and K section can be cut from the spoked and flanged V belt pulleys as well but I think the L section is quite deep and will be difficult to cut from these pulleys

Back