What's new
What's new

OT 3 wheeled car

As i was leaving 6:00pm mass this evening i saw a 3 wheeled car. This car had 2 wheel up front and one in the rear. It sounded just like a crotch rocket. I couldnt get a name off of it to see who makes it, so does anybody here know any info about this? It was t-top looking thing with dual big motorcycle muflers mounted to the side of the rear tire. He was going very slow when he was making the turn out of the parking lot but i was to far away to see the MFG. on it. It was all plastic just like the farings on a motorcycle but it had a plate so i would assume it was street legal. Looked like it was store bought not homemade. i have googled 3 wheeld cars but havent sceen on like this one.
Jason

I think this might be it
t-rex.jpg
trexebay.jpg

Its called the T-Rex, about 45 grand new.

The yellow one is on Ebay.
Ebay t-rex 3 wheeler

Nothing wrong with 3 wheelers, this was my first car 36years ago.

http://www.microcarmuseum.com/tour/isetta-1960.html

It got me round cheap to run, and I could drive it on my M/C licence.
Best of all it got me on the ''moonlighting'' circuit in the local machine shops as I could carry my tool boxes,........ gals who's mothers didn't like motorbikes weren't unwelcome either ;)

Neat to park, nose or tail to the kerb, in a 4'-6" gap, or park normally and some jerk boxes you in just pick the back end up and dump it n the street.

Downsides,
1 the spec say 85km/hr or 50mph, 40 is quite fast enough, believe me. :eek:

2 wet greasy, or icy roads and you need windshield wipers on the side windows :D

Good little buggy, we did a lot of miles, and damn I've just seen how much they make these days

Take care Sami.

i had no idea that there was that many 3 wheeled cars out there. the whole t-rex thing why not just make it with 4 wheels? That could not make that much difference in MPG and would be much more stable, and attract people who are scared of the 3 wheled handling. just my $0.02

Sorry Spud, there are limits and ''Plastic Pigs'' were just so un- :cool: even then,....... besides the wheels are the wrong way round :D and they had a nasty habit of going up in flames :eek:

He who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones, I belive you drive a Land Rover ;)

FWIW I think the best of the bubble cars was the Messerschmidt, I could never catch them :mad:

Take care. Sami.

"Why not 4 wheels"****** Don't get fooled--these things out handle any sports car and a lot are homebuilt from wrecked motorcycles so they don't have to conform to regulations that govern 4 wheeled vehicles. Limy--those Messerschmidts were and still are super. Over the years there have been a few 3 wheelers-- www.3wheelers.com/ The JZR seems to be the easiest kit http://www1.freewebs.com/jzrusa/ for those interested.

Back