What's new
What's new

Clausing 8520 - need pin spanner

bll230

Hot Rolled
The nosepiece on the 8520 uses a pin spanner with 1/8 inch pins. The automotive industry adjustable pin spanners have pins larger than 1/8, and the bicycle industry adjustable pin spanners have pins smaller than 1/8 inch.

Is there an adjustable pin spanner out there with 1/8 inch pins?

I know I can make one, but I would rather buy the tool and use my time to make model helicopter parts.

Thanks

John

I bought an adjustable face pin spanner from HFT, drilled through the pins and pressed in pins to suit the job I was doing. It worked fine, cost little and was quickly done.

Larry

SK Facom sells a nice adjustable face spanner that comes with a set of different-sized pins. It uses a center left/right threaded screw to set the leg spacing, which makes it nice and rigid. The downside of this tool is that the bosses around the pins are kind of big, so the tool won't fit in some locations. Here's one on eBay. I have no connection with Facom or eBay seller, YMMV.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Facom-Adjusta...temQQimsxZ20090904?IMSfp=TL090904208001r20870

I got by by bending one out of 1/8 inch music wire, but that Reid one is pretty much what I am looking for, I'll get one of those.

Thanks

John

Back