What's new
What's new

need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipmakerlee

Plastic
Currently using a dozen old clapped out South Bends and Atlas lathes in our commercial shop. They do OK as we have a nitch market where we machine plastic and aluminum parts with fairly loose tolerances. Good thing as I "employ" adults with mental disabilities listing them as "trainees" that way I can pay them less than the minimum wage. Boy do I love Ayn Rand as her book gave me the idea.

Anyways looking for some different machines as the SB and Atlas parts are becoming ever more difficult to find. Been thinking about the Harbor Freight 8X12 benchtop lathe 8" x 12" Benchtop Lathe

Another option is the Grizzly 7X12 benchtop Grizzly.com

The Grizz is about $275 less than the HF, but with my low labor costs that really is not a concern

How many here have experience with these machines?

hahaaa! you're about to have your thread locked out for mentioning HF and the Griz. Do all of us a favor you cheap son of a bitch and stick with the SB's - they're not THAT hard to find, and way better machines.

Maybe you could start looking at Logan's and other brands that are comparable to SB - educate yourself and don't throw more American money down the toilet (China)

Lathes

Harbor Freight and Grizzly 8X12 benchtop lathes are the shit! Real horse power kings that can cut to a buzzilonth of a butt hair at the speed of light.

Get a shop full of them screaming fast powerful models of perfection and you will be a billionaire.

Closed due to meaningless topic title and banned home shop grade machine discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back