What's new
What's new

The most powerful Colchester in the world :)

RC99

Diamond
"ALL MOTIONS ON CARRIAGE ARE IN WORKING CONDITION EXCEPT FOR THE AUTOMATIC ADVANCEMENT, WHICH IS DISCONNECTED." Quote

Not so much disconnected but removed.The apron appears to be empty.

Only in a town like Maryborough!!. Where the local rev heads drive round and round the main block over and over all Saturday morning. The perfect rev head Colchester.

Being separated from Australia by a common language, I had to look up rev head. Then I had to look up hoon. Very educationally stimulating, these PM postings. I love learning new words, even if I am too old to learn new tricks.

Larry

I've seen some similar setups making money for some Amish and Mennonite shops. Sometimes a bigger engine driving a hydraulic pump with hydraulic motors on the machine, other times engines on some of the machines.

Being separated from Australia by a common language, I had to look up rev head. Then I had to look up hoon. Very educationally stimulating, these PM postings. I love learning new words, even if I am too old to learn new tricks.

Larry

Maryborough has nearly as many bogans as Ipswich to the south come to think of it, and that is probably a Bogan Colchester which would really impress his shazza.

Some more circa 1970's Australian language:

So this "derro" rolls up to "the cage" in his "root ute", being a right "knob" "eyes off" our "spunks" so we thumped him.

Translation:

Derro: Person of derelict appearance.
The Cage: Educational institution such as a technical/trades college usually fenced in high chainlink.
Root Ute: Panel Van equipped as a bedroom, look up a Holden "Sandman"
Knob: Has a penis shaped appendage on his forehead.
Spunks: Very attractive young woman.

BTW I'm well aware of the UK meaning of spunk too.

I had to have a good chuckle when I saw that. Looks like they solved the problem of not having 3 phase.

If you needed that little bit extra 'oomph' you could always use a little of this....
nosbottles.jpg

another thing rev heads like.

Operating the engine with out an air filter is a nice touch, less restriction in the intake path.

I am wondering about the missing "automatic advancement" missing on the carriage. I suppose this means no threading and no powerfeed. The lack of an aircleaner on the engine means it can suck down a few chips and use them to re-plate the cylinders as needed. just like the motor medic in a can. but no need to deal with the messy cans!
Bill D.

PS: my wife knows the first thing I check out is the "rack"

I certainly hope there's a throttle, gearshift and clutch by the operator. It'd be a shame if you didn't have the controls to downshift and throttle up on a real heavy cut!

In addition to the nitrous I'd want a pressurized VHT system that would spray the drive belts down for the added "traction" just before the 200HP cuts are taken.

Back