What's new
What's new

Grenby Surface Grinder

mm58

Hot Rolled
Grenby Surface Grinder?

I came across a used Grenby surface grinder today. Don't know anything about them. The owner is asking $495. It was buried amongst a bunch of other tools, sitting on the floor in a poorly lit area, so it was hard to give it a thorough examination. It did however appear to still have smooth mechanical action, but it was filthy and had some surface rust. The stand, motor, and other electronics have been sitting outside for sometime.
This would most certainly be at minimum, a heavy clean-up and partial restore job. Wish I would've had my camera with me. It would come with a DC electric mag chuck.

Anybody have any info on Grenby grinders and whether this might be a good grab for a fix-er-up project? There was also a placard that said "Herbert Hall Co. Machine Tools" with a Type # as "TRS-1"

Appreciate ANY info on this...

Thanks

Mike

Last edited:
If it was put together and in good working condition 495 might not be a bad price. Sounds more like a 100 dollar or less scrap special.Electronics don't do so well sitting out in the weather. Motor should be ok they are a little more tolerent of the weather.

Back