What's new
What's new

Been gone awhile - new look to site - search still workin'?

J. Elliott

Hot Rolled
Fellas,

Been gone fer a spell, as they say. Working on getting certification to teach middle grades math - pretty busy. Plus, it depressed the hell out of me when Jimmy Kizale kicked the can last year. His and Forrest's posts were my favorites. Kinda let PM slide into the background for while.

"What the hell's goin' on around here?"

My reaction when I logged on tonight was sort of like this quote the local newspaper carried from an ex-con who'd just gotten out and got his old job back at the chicken plant. He went in about 1988 and got out about 1996. Seems there'd been a few changes in the demographics of the chicken pluckin' payroll. When he'd last worked there, it was all poor white boys like himself. When he went back, it was 90% Hispanic. Seems he'd been in a time freeze and was just finding out about the Hispanic migration.

I've got some questions comin' tomorrow about a Feeler geared head drill press, patterned on an Arboga model. I got two off eBone. One has a sheared off fiber gear, so I lost half my speeds. I'm wondering if I should try to replace the gear or just hook up a VFD and keep 'er in the gears that still work. But that's tomorrow or some other day this week.

Right now, I've got a more pressing question. I checked out the search function and it seems we still have access to old posts. So - did Kizale's jewels survive the swap over? Or does the search into the old threads have a few issues?

I'm not complaining, just wonderin'. Looking forward to joining in again.

Back