What's new
What's new

Anodizing Container Material for Dye & Sealing Bath

goldenfab

Cast Iron
I am not talking about the container for the actual anodizing, rather for the dye bath and nickel acetate sealing. What container materials are acceptable? I have been using glass but I would like to switch to stainless steel so I don't have to worry about breaking glass or melting plastic.

I use walmarts cheapest stainless steel kettle with a lid for dying, I use the propane burner outside to heat it up. I store the dye in some 3 gallon buckets from home depot with snap on lids that have o-rings in them. I don't use sealer, I just boil in DI water to seal my parts. For sealing I use another cheap stainless kettle.

I use walmarts cheapest stainless steel kettle with a lid for dying, I use the propane burner outside to heat it up. I store the dye in some 3 gallon buckets from home depot with snap on lids that have o-rings in them. I don't use sealer, I just boil in DI water to seal my parts. For sealing I use another cheap stainless kettle.

Thanks for the feedback. I picked up some el cheapo stainless pots from the same place after you posted that and they have been working great.

Back