What's new
What's new

What machining/ metalworking/ engineering books would you like for Christmas?

Onepass

Hot Rolled
My wife asked me what kinds of things would I like for Christmas. I got to thinking that Moore's book on precision as well as a lot of similar books would make I nice list. Does anybody have a book and maybe a brief description that they'd like to recommend ?

The series of Brian Litz applied ballistics books are on my list. I can't think of anything else right now

Depends a bit on what you're interested in. As a user of older manual machines I liked Smith's "Advanced Machine Work" and I want his "Principles of Machine Work". I also liked "Shop Theory" from the Henry Ford Trade School. I'm a sucker for anything on Shop Mathematics as well.

Machinery's Handbook is also a must have. If you get into older stuff or British motorcycles it is useful to have an older one with obsolete thread standards in it.

Machinery's Handbook of course. Another nice one is Engineer's Black Book, very handy little reference, even has insert call outs. Most of my others are Tool and Die books, not general machinery.

I am New Machining
HI all I am new at machining i have a small lathe at home. where can I get a book on tolerance an application.

Back