What's new
What's new

OT- Texas Power Yachts in Kemah, TX... anyone here ever dealt with them ? Lady Mira

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
in particular..a Viking 55 MY. Just wondering if I was the only one who got screwed of late...

Last edited:
Advise is free , travel time is on the clock. Hope things work out.

If I had to do things all over , I would charge on what I save the customer instead of by the hour.

...coffee cup didn't drop in their coffee machine?...or you got $250,000 sitting on the bottom of the bay?...

workplace-caffeine_addict-drinks_machine-vending_machine-hot_beverage-coffee_machine-07640461_low.jpg

Sunken-Yacht-In-Antartica.jpg

Do tell us more.
Might be problematic as I'll probably get some "What ? You were so stupid to fall for that ??" comments ;)

But the jest of it is the Lady Mira's photo on Yachtworld (yes, lathefan got it) is over 5 years old and I presumed by the lying broker's comments that it was a current photo. Plus the stunning HD video of the interior and just knowing the owner spent $$$$$ on the boat over the years it made sense that the exterior looked as good as the interior...i.e. like the photo. But alas, not so... dull gelcoat, cracks, paint cancer on all window frames, and wet (probably rotted) core in a number of places. Boat needs $80,000 worth of exterior repairs and paint to look like that photo.

I've got my deposit back but spent probably $2,500 on survey, haul out, sea trial, and transportation/accomodation cost to and fro Texas all because these ass wipes were not honest about the boat.

I looked at their site. Saw the Viking for sale and figured that was the boat , before you edited. Seam to have your name on it. What seems to be the problem ? The other one was the Connie but that's not you. The Nordhvan looks better on you so trade up. :D

So it passed the submarine test ?

...I've done it...not with a boat...I was interested in buying an old 1956 Greyhound Scenicruiser bus that had been converted to a motorhome...it was beautiful in the pictures...I traveled from home in Colorado to Oxnard California ready to make the deal...the pictures were THIRTY years old...it was a rotting piece of junk in person...live and learn...we made a nice vacation out of it after we got the hell out of Oxnard...

Might be problematic as I'll probably get some "What ? You were so stupid to fall for that ??" comments ;)

But the jest of it is the Lady Mira's photo on Yachtworld (yes, lathefan got it) is over 5 years old and I presumed by the lying broker's comments that it was a current photo. Plus the stunning HD video of the interior and just knowing the owner spent $$$$$ on the boat over the years it made sense that the exterior looked as good as the interior...i.e. like the photo. But alas, not so... dull gelcoat, cracks, paint cancer on all window frames, and wet (probably rotted) core in a number of places. Boat needs $80,000 worth of exterior repairs and paint to look like that photo.

I've got my deposit back but spent probably $2,500 on survey, haul out, sea trial, and transportation/accomodation cost to and fro Texas all because these ass wipes were not honest about the boat.

well the $2500.00 has to hurt. I think everybody has been through something like that. On more than a few a times I've driven a long distance to look at a piece of machinery that was advertised as "new" but turned out to be scrap. Sellers see things a lot different than buyers.

Yup, drove 14 hours to buy a pristine 57 Buick convertable. It was a rotted out POS that didn't even run. Turned out the pix they sent weren't even the same car. Not even the same color. WTF!..........Bob

I've been looking for another street rod. There are always interesting ones listed some distance away, and the sellers often have glowing feedback posted from long distance buyers.
What I've found, however, is that when you go look at vehicles in person, they are a lot different. That's why I will never buy something like that sight unseen.
I sympathize about the lost money spent looking, but consider that to be sort of the cost of insurance you'll be getting what you expect.

I went to look at a car (early 80's 300TD) some distance away based on the picture in a Kijiji ad and talking to the owner. In the picture great paint and nice looking car that owner says starts right up and runs great. In person the picture was at least 5 years old and the paint was faded with peeling clear coat. The car had not moved in months if not more and had several inches of water pooled on the floors. I politely told the owner that I was not interested in trying to start it and would not be buying at any price. The mechanic I took with me on the other hand bluntly told the owner that the car was only fit for scrap and that he should car the local wrecking yard to come and get it . How any sane person could have thought the car was worth $5000 is completely beyound me.

lathefan, if you're still looking for a Scenicruiser, I know a guy...

Chip

...the money I saved for it is long gone...matter of fact...about a month after the money was gone...a very nice Scenicruiser came up for sale less than a hundred miles from home...it figures...thanks anyway...I still like Scenicruisers...just can't afford one anymore...and I have tons of other projects to finish...

Most cameras and smart phone cameras geo code photos.

Sure there is software to change it but most are not aware and it usually is left alone.

Requesting a handfull of fresh photos taken with their phone and sent by phone ( because that is easy for them) will usually get unaltered photos that you can use the free software to look at the geo codes.

If they refuse then something not right...

Don't know if I posted this before, this is kind of what I have in mind to build. Not sure about the upper deck , maybe a pilot house.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 271

Back