What's new
What's new

Astro GS18NF vertical milling machine with Vector Contour controls 10x54 table

dieseljunky2

Plastic
Looking for information on who made this machine and possible parts sources. I have no experience with controlled milling. I have always run manual machines. Has ball screws on x and y not yet sure about z feed or knee feed. Won't be powered until later so can't run but monitor comes on and appears to operate ok. Any info as for operating manuals or machine manuals would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, this machine is an earlier model of those. It is not a Bridgeport clone. It has a fixed and non removable head. I will try and post pictures. In the past I could not get pictures to post. Thanks for helping out so far.

I have one of these machines, it has been in continuous service since I got it in 2003. I have spare parts, a manual and pretty good understanding of all of the systems. I have upgraded the computer a couple of times and replaced the obvious stuff like spindle and quill bearings, belts, etc.

I recently purchased one of these machines. It is in excellent cosmetic shape, including the drives and electronics. I was wondering where I can get a manual and info for upgrading the computer. The computer will not boot up and seems to be the only problem with the unit.

Any info would be great.

Do you still have this machine? I recently purchased one and am still searching for info. My computer will not boot up, not sure if that is my only problem. Seems to be a well built machine... just not much info about them.

Back