What's new
What's new

Atlas lathe book

Johann Ohnesorg

Hot Rolled
Hy there,
is "Lathe Operation and Machinists Tables" in the public domain and if yes, can someone provide a link where to find it? Feel free to PN me.

Cheers,
Johann

That was a useful little book. I got one in 1974 with my Craftsman 12" lathe. Later loaned it to my step father,and he lost it. Too bad. The tables in it were useful.

I doubt it is in the public domain yet unless it was published prior to 1923. I think I have a hard copy at work... I will check tomorrow.

-DU-

It is not very hard to find this stuff. Why ask others to find it for you?

People do sell photocopies.
MANUAL OF LATHE OPERATION BY ATLAS PRESS COMPANY - eBay (item 300447370304 end time Jul-24-10 17:02:46 PDT)

And you may find original books.
1937 Manual Lathe Operation & Machinists Tables-Atlas - eBay (item 360282589125 end time Jul-26-10 10:33:40 PDT)

Or the free download, 1937 edition, took about 9 minutes to get the pdf version by cable connection.
Manual of Lathe Operations and Machinists Tables, Atlas Press Co.

From a site that used to sell copies: "However, I stopped selling these books when I discovered the Clausing was still selling this book. You can buy a new copy from them for only $25. Call their Service Center at 800-535-6553."

Larry

Jep,
they sell it, the problem is shipping and handling to Germany, doubles the price or even triples it. However, the Scribd link is great. Thanks.

Cheers,
Johann

A very handy book and I have had one for years. I think it has a lot more practical information for the novice than the South Bend Book "How to run a lathe" concerning how to take cuts, grind tools, thread, etc. I patrticulary like the section on threading. Cheers, tjs42

Back