Johann Ohnesorg is offline Hot Rolled

Default Atlas lathe book

Hy there,
    is "Lathe Operation and Machinists Tables" in the public domain and if yes, can someone provide a link where to find it? Feel free to PN me.

Cheers,
    Johann

gwilson is offline Diamond

That was a useful little book. I got one in 1974 with my Craftsman 12" lathe. Later loaned it to my step father,and he lost it. Too bad. The tables in it were useful.

David Utidjian is offline Titanium

I doubt it is in the public domain yet unless it was published prior to 1923. I think I have a hard copy at work... I will check tomorrow.

-DU-

L Vanice is offline Diamond

It is not very hard to find this stuff. Why ask others to find it for you?

People do sell photocopies.
    MANUAL OF LATHE OPERATION BY ATLAS PRESS COMPANY - eBay (item 300447370304 end time Jul-24-10 17:02:46 PDT)

And you may find original books.
    1937 Manual Lathe Operation & Machinists Tables-Atlas - eBay (item 360282589125 end time Jul-26-10 10:33:40 PDT)

Or the free download, 1937 edition, took about 9 minutes to get the pdf version by cable connection.
    Manual of Lathe Operations and Machinists Tables, Atlas Press Co.

From a site that used to sell copies: "However, I stopped selling these books when I discovered the Clausing was still selling this book. You can buy a new copy from them for only $25. Call their Service Center at 800-535-6553."

Larry

Johann Ohnesorg is offline Hot Rolled

Jep,
    they sell it, the problem is shipping and handling to Germany, doubles the price or even triples it. However, the Scribd link is great. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Johann

tjs42 is online now Cast Iron

A very handy book and I have had one for years. I think it has a lot more practical information for the novice than the South Bend Book "How to run a lathe" concerning how to take cuts, grind tools, thread, etc. I patrticulary like the section on threading. Cheers, tjs42