What's new
What's new

bandsaw manual 101.22922

misterfxt

Plastic
Hi Folks,
I just acquired an old Craftsman (Atlas) bandsaw and was wondering if anyone had a copy of they manual they'd be willing to share.
Thanks. J

The Sears Parts website lists that as CRAFTSMAN CONTINUOUS-BLADE POWER HACKSAW 101.22922 (POWER HACKSAW). It is similar/identical to the 108.22922. The 101 designation indicates the manufacturer, Atlas Press.

Sears no longer has the manual, but knowing the model name may help you find it.

Also, there was a post about four years ago on metalworking-forum.com:

Date: 26 Sep 2003 22:41:52
Subject: Craftsman Continuous-Blade Power Hacksaw

I have an instruction pamphlet for a 101.22922. I have a saw model 108.22920. Without going over each individual part they seem identical.
I would be happy to send you a copy of the instructions.

--
Chuck P.

------------
Barry Milton

That metal-cutting bandsaw was in the 1969 Sears Craftsman tool catalog, No. 99 AT 22922N2 (with motor) for $149.95. The blade is 1/2" x 60" x .020" and is welded backwards to every other bandsaw I have seen. The saw looks a lot like the Taiwan pivoting cutoff saws that became common in the late 1970's, but is made backwards.

Larry

I sent an email to Clausing yesterday & here's the reply:

We have copies of the original manual – it is $5.00 plus postage.

We accept Visa, Mastercard or American Express, or we can ship UPS-COD (within the continental United States only) Contact us at: Clausing Service Center, PO Box 877, Goshen, IN. 46527-0877, or phone 800-535-6553 or fax 574-533-0403.

Best regards,

Jolene (Jo) Olds

Customer Service Manager

----------------
Barry Milton

Thanks very much for the information guys, I'll call Jolene and order the manual.

The wealth of information on these boards always amazes me.

Thanks again. Jerome

So now the question is: what oil should I use in the hydraulic cylinder. I know the easy answer is hydraulic fluid but thats just my guess. There is some funky black gunk in there now along with some grit. I guess I'll pull it apart and replace any seals while I'm at it. Jerome

I don't believe the brand/type/weight oil is critical for proper operation. On my Kysor-Johnson saw, the cylinder gets Mobil Velocite 10 Spindle Oil (ISO Viscosity Grade 22). It's a lightweight oil, the same one I use in the South Bend oil cups for the headstock bearings.

J&L stocks it, about $11 per gallon.

--------------
Barry Milton

Have found a used 108.22920 band saw. Complete with a couple spare blades. Surface rust but not to bad looking.

Would this be worth $150.00 ??

Hard pressed to say if parts are even available for something this old any longer.

Last edited:

Back