What's new
What's new

Clausing 5914

rsiminski

Aluminum
I am going to look at a clausing 5914 that is in beautiful condition, but I have a few questions. The color of the lathe is white and green does anyone know what the approx. year it would be from? Everyone I have ever seen is just all white. And can any one take a picture of the problematic delrin bushing. I just don't know were I should be looking. So hopefully some of you can help me out.

You cannot see the delrin bushing unless you take apart the motor pulley. Run the lathe and go through the entire spindle speed range a few times. Operate the clutch/brake a few times. If it works OK, consider buying it.

Larry

Hmmm....I painted one green and white about 16 years ago. It was in excellent condition...what are the chances?? The castings were painted white and the sheet metal green.
Carl

cfb484a6.jpg

machines016.jpg

Dunno - all mine are gray.
The delrin bushing isn't hard to inspect on your own lathe, but I don't know if you (or more to the point, the current owner) want to have the lower pulley and slave cylinder pulled off before sale. If it's under power, and the speed control gives you almost full range, and doesn't leak oil, you're ahead of either of my two Clausings.

Back