What's new
What's new

Startrite Horiz Bandsaws

david n

Diamond
Anyone know anything about these saws? I found a STARTRITE H-250-SA in the area. I wonder if is worth my time to look at it. It seems to be a nice little auto saw.

Attachments

• 1219874635833933[1].jpg
    1219874635833933[1].jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,037
In general, the Startrite horizontal saws I've worked around were very solid in terms of the structure and moving parts on the saw.

One was a full hydraulic auto-saw which was also top notch stuff...except after 25 years the hydraulic hoses were rotted and starting to leak (German-built metric stuff which took a lot of searching in the Parker catalog to crossover), and the Klockner Moeller PLC would probably have been nearly unserviceable if it ever lost its program (it never did but it was something I worried about)

Clausing USA supports the machines and can provide parts manuals at reasonable cost with your serial number.

I have a H-325. I haven't had it a long time, but it is a good saw. Heavy construction and it cuts accurately. We also had a smaller Startrite at a previous employer that was a good saw.

Clausing may list parts, but are unaffordable. This line item for blade guides is direct from a parts quote from Clausing:

300 138660X set of 4 guides 1531.44

And delivery was 5-6 weeks. I fixed mine with some hard surfacing rod.

Back