What's new
What's new

Cheap Carbide on Ebay

Lanza

Aluminum
I often look on ebay for machine tooling. I came across a pack of ten sandvik TNMG insert in the UK for 30 pound on a ebay store. Where do these sellers get these sandvik carbide inserts for so cheap? There not shortage of it looking at what is for sale.

Last edited:
Well my experience with a Ohio vendor has been they buy N.O.S. from machine shops
and the like.

Thats New Old Stock for pennies on the dollar, re-package for resale.

I wonder why 30 pound for an insert would be called cheap. I have hundreds of inserts (TPG and TPU 2xx and 3xx) that cost me $8 or $10 for boxes of 10 inserts from Tool Importers (Grand Tool) in New Jersey, right out of their catalog. Mind you that was thirty years ago, but stil... I suppose smart tool buyers can find deals on large lots of surplus stock, sell it cheap and still make money.

Larry

We had a guy working for us (not long) that bragged of selling stuff on E-Bay.
Inserts mostly. After he was gone we heard he had a policy of taking one insert home every day.
Jerry

I buy the Sandvik coromill inserts from a guy in the UK. They are the R390s. I actually stopped thinking the were stolen from his employer. Turns out he is in the business of liquidating failed machine shops.

Back