What's new
What's new

Lion lathes - any and all info on bulgarian orpan machines

RICKDORTY

Plastic
There seams to be a deficite of info , parts, operation manuals and gen info on these lathes , i see them in shops i see one that needs a pulley in my back yard , is there anybody out there ? Anybody at all !

Try Johnny Iknadossian at Intenational Machinery in Ontario CA. They're the current distributor of what has become Lion. He's helped me a number of times on my "Swedish" Lion. Problem with Lion's is getting the *right* information. I don't know the history but they seemed to have undergone quite a number of transformations over the years. Even our original owners' manual came with at least 6 different speed/feed lever charts, based on what iteration of lathe you had.

If you PM me I'll send you the last email address I had for Johnny.

International Machinery

I looked up Lion's because I ran one at Timken in Houston when I lived there. It was a great machine so I went looking to see what I could get one for. Somehow I ended up looking at Summit Lathes which looked almost exactly like the Lion I ran. I think El Mustachio is right about them having many transformations. Gotta love that 4-way feed with rapid button and 2 speed tailstock though!

Back