What's new
What's new

After a Professional Knurning tool for My colchester 3250 ,any sugestions???

Two good US-based knurling tool makers, only a mile apart from each other and owned by two brothers who apparently parted ways in business years ago. (They do talk to each other now, as far as I know.)

Knurls, Knurl, Knurling Tools and Knurl Holders
Knurls Knurling Tools & Holders, Thread Rolls

Another US maker, good stuff.

EAGLE ROCK TECHNOLOGIES INC.

Decide one form roll style or cutting knurl style. If your parts have overrun room (meaning you're not knurling up to a shoulder), I prefer cutting knurls as they exert far less pressure on the machine and the parts. They use straight cut knurling wheels for cutting diamond knurls, usually cheaper than diagonally cut knurls. They are available in single and two-roll styles, depending upon how much room you have to work with on the machine. If you need to make a straight knurl with a cutting knurl tool, you then have to use diagonally cut wheels and if it's a single roll tool making a diamond cut knurl you need double-cut knurl wheels.

It's the other way around with a form knurl tool that uses two knurls in a bump style or scissor style holder. Straight cut knurl wheels for straight knurls, two diagonally cut wheels (one left, one right) for diamond knurls.

The first two sites I listed have a lot of good info on knurling technology. That info takes what is often seen to be a "black art" and makes it a solved science. ;)

Hope this helps.

Back