What's new
What's new

Black Diamond 3b <9/16?

Sashay33

Plastic
I've searched thoroughly and can't find the answer, so here goes. I recently purchased a 3b grinder and it states that it is capable of shapening up to 3/4". The collets offered are used in a 9/16 3c collet. What do I use to go <9/16?

I've searched thoroughly and can't find the answer, so here goes. I recently purchased a 3b grinder and it states that it is capable of shapening up to 3/4". The collets offered are used in a 9/16 3c collet. What do I use to go <9/16?

Your grinder originally came with a larger collet for the largest drill sizes. You need to locate one to grind the larger ones.

There's an easy way to tell for sure. If the outside of the collet holder/wing cam spindle measures 1 1/8" it will do up to 3/4" drills. The models with less capacity use a smaller diameter collet holder.

This is the plate on the motor.
3B.jpg
This is the machine.
3B machine.jpg
I bought it on Ebay and I'm beginning to think that I've cheated. I think its a 3b name plate on a 2b machine.

It looks to me as though the motor is a different color than the rest of the machine. This would indicate the machine has been assembled from parts of others.

I do not believe that is a 3B. I hope you paid by credit card. If you did (always ALWAYS do!) you can write a chargeback letter to your bank, stating the seller advertised fraudulently.

If you want to sell the web thinning assembly, I would happily buy it from you.

metalmagpoie

I think I would not throw terms like "fraudulent" around so easily. Someone could easily have found or purchased it in that condition and just sold it on. Regardless, if the spindle O.D. measures 1 1/8" the machine will grind up to 3/4" drills, so who cares if the paint doesn't match if it works correctly.

And speaking of parts, if anyone knows where I can get a used wing cam in decent shape PM me.

Back